Amid the recent boom in the short-term rental industry, Florida quickly emerged as one of the best US states for this rental strategy, with Davenport being among the top cities for vacation rentals. The proximity of Walt Disney World and the warm climate have been the major factors that contributed to turning Davenport into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US. Polk County welcomes over 5 million visitors per year, most whom come to Davenport. The prosperity of the tourist industry in Davenport leads to optimal daily rates, occupancy rates, rental revenue, and ultimately ROI for investors in the local vacation rental market.
Before buying a vacation rental in Davenport, investors should know that Florida short-term rental laws are one of the few nationwide which require a state-level vacation rental license. In Florida, we divide vacation rentals into two broad groups: vacation rental condos (individually owned units) and vacation rental dwellings (rental units within multi-family properties). Licenses need to be renewed annually. Meanwhile, the City of Davenport does not impose its own legislation, so Airbnb hosts there need to follow the Florida-wide regulations.
Top Davenport, Florida Airbnb Management Companies
The best Airbnb management companies in Davenport, FL include:
- Awning: Best Overall Davenport Airbnb Manager
- Vacasa: Best for Furnished Rentals
- Oba Vacation Homes: Best for Customized Airbnb Property Management Services
- Nova Vacation Homes: Best for Signature Villas in Select Resorts Close to Walt Disney World
- IPG Florida Vacation Homes: Best Locally Owned Airbnb Manager
- Evolve: Best for Involved Hosts
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in Davenport, FL. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone, through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service property management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service Airbnb property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals and covers the entire US market and the vast majority of property types in Davenport, FL. They achieve nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning does everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model mixing top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- Communicating with and supporting guests 24/7, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides. The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose depending on their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000). As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service Davenport, FL Airbnb management companies, starting at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find some on:
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars.
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent locations and properties, properly maintained and stocked rentals, and friendly, available, and competent support staff.
To sum, Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in Davenport, Florida, covering all services at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy truly passive income, while the performance of their rental is being optimized by a combination of the latest technology and human touch.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning investors should schedule a call to discuss the property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Vacasa Airbnb Property Management
Vacasa is the largest full-service short-term rental property management company in North America, founded in 2009 by Eric Breon and Cliff Johnson, with headquarters in Portland, OR. The company mission is to provide the best vacation home experience for everyone - both hosts and guests - everywhere.
Vacasa provides most services expected from an Airbnb management company. They promise to boost rental income by 20%, on average. The company does not state its fees on its website, but customer reviews reveal a range of 25%-35% of revenue plus additional charges. Online Vacasa reviews are excellent.
As a full-service Airbnb property manager, Vacasa covers most services required to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, Vacasa manages 35,000+ vacation rentals in 35 US states and outside the US, including 318 rentals in Davenport, Florida.
The core Vacasa services covered by the monthly fee include:
- Getting properties ready for renting
- Help with short-term rental licenses and permits
- Installing smart home technology devices
- Creating listings
- Managing, distributing, and marketing listings
- Cleaning and restocking between stays
- Property inspections and maintenance
- Dynamic pricing and revenue management
- Guest communication and support
- Tax support
- Hot tub management and maintenance
For an additional fee, hosts also get access to:
- Interior design (guided or curated)
- Linen program (initial supply and replacements)
- Vacation rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage, $1 million in damage coverage, and $15,000 in bed bug coverage)
One service that is missing from Vacasa’s portfolio is furnishing, which can take 12-16 weeks when not guided by a professional.
Vacasa Price and Fees
Vacasa does not publicize its property management fees on the company website. It states that fees vary between markets and property types, so owners need to contact the team to get a quote. Vacasa reviews by property owners show that the rate ranges between 25% and 35% of revenue, comparable to the industry average. However, owners report unexpected charges. Interior design ($99-$1,199), linen program (not reported), and property insurance ($7-$9 per booking) are charged separately.
Hiring Vacasa entails signing a written agreement but does not require long-term commitment. Hosts can cancel with a 90-day notice, having to honor all reservations within the 90-day period.
Vacasa has a solid online presence with thousands of reviews by property owners and guests. You can find Vacasa reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 9,181 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 4.12/5 stars based on 2,620 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 1,389 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 660 reviews
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent, well-equipped, well-stocked, well-maintained properties, amazing locations, and helpful customer support team. Negative guest reviews highlight misleading listings, properties in poor state, last-minute cancellations, and lack of communication on behalf of the team.
Vacasa property owners’ experiences are also mixed. Some report good value for money, while others complain about destroyed properties, poor communication, and difficulties when trying to get out of a contract.
As the biggest short-term rental property manager on the continent, Vacasa can be a good option for Airbnb investors in Davenport, FL whose properties are already furnished as the company does not provide this service.
To get started, property owners can visit the Vacasa website or call 866-308-1004.
Oba Vacation Homes Airbnb Property Management
Oba Vacation Homes is a short-term rental property management company with headquarters in Davenport, FL. This is a local property manager covering different markets across Florida, but the information is not enough to conclude if they are a full-service or half-service provider. The company mission is to offer exceptional first-class service which is unsurpassed in the vacation rental industry.
Oba Vacation Homes offers an unclear range of services. The property management fees are not available on the company website. The company has less than 100 online reviews that are average.
Oba Vacation Homes Services
It is not clear if Oba Vacation Homes is a full-service or half-service vacation rental property manager. Currently, they manage 650+ properties in Florida, including 196 vacation rentals in Davenport. While they are a local property manager, they have a wider geographical score than some of the other top Davenport Airbnb management companies as they cover the entire Sunshine State.
The property management services listed on the Oba Vacation Homes website include:
- Professional swimming pool and spa services
- Lawn care services
- Online income statements and works orders
- Dedicated, independent property website
The information on the company website is scarce. They say that services are customizable based on the specific needs of hosts.
Oba Vacation Homes Price and Fees
Oba Vacation Homes does not provide its property management fees on their website. In addition, there’s no mention of contract requirements, expected commitment on behalf of property owners, or cancellation policies.
Oba Vacation Homes Reviews
Oba Vacation Homes has a very limited online presence with a few dozen reviews only. You can find Oba Vacation Homes reviews on:
- Google: Currently 3.9/5 stars based on 65 reviews
Positive reviews focus on the beautiful properties, the high level of cleanliness, and the qualified team. Negative reviews from dissatisfied guests report disgusting properties, rats, last-minute cancellations, and unhelpful local staff. Property owners who’ve hired Oba Vacation Homes warn hosts to stay away from them.
In conclusion, the little information available online is not enough to draw a conclusion about the quantity and quality of services that Oba Vacation Homes provides, the fees they charge, and the value for money. You could consider them if you require highly personalized services for the management of your Davenport short-term rental property.
To get started, property owners can visit the Oba Vacation Homes website or call 407-342-6363.
Nova Vacation Homes Airbnb Property Management
Nova Vacation Homes is a full-service Airbnb property management company founded in 2008, with headquarters in Orlando, FL. The company mission is to solve the problem with inconsistent property management services in Florida by providing amazing concierge services at reasonable costs, making everyone happy.
The portfolio of Nova Vacation includes many of the services expected from a full-service property manager. They guarantee a 20% increase in income. The company does not publish its property management fees on its website. There are about 100 online Nova Vacation Homes reviews that show mixed experiences.
Nova Vacation Homes Services
Nova Vacation offers all services required for passive investments in short-term rentals in Davenport, FL. Currently, the company manages 100+ signature villas, ranging from 3-bedroom townhomes to 10-bedroom pool villas, including 110 in Davenport, Florida. They focus on several resorts in Central Florida, which makes them a local vacation rental property manager.
Nova Vacation Homes provides the following services:
- Complimentary interior design, either full renovation or fresh upgrade
- Setting up a smart home to save energy, increase safety, and streamline management
- Applying for and managing state and county licenses including hotel license, business tax, receipt, and sales tax receipt
- Property listings
- Listing distribution and digital marketing
- Dynamic pricing
- Guest screening
- 24/7 guest services
- Handling permits, utility payments, and vendor payments
- Property maintenance
- Monthly financial statements and monthly payout to property owners
- Tax help including year-end statement with income and deductible expenses, 1099 or 1042-S, and sales and tourist tax forms
One feature of Nova Vacation property management which is worth highlighting is interior design. This is not something that all top Davenport, FL Airbnb management companies offer. Nova Vacation allows property owners to choose between a full renovation project and a fresh upgrade. The full renovation service results in a complete makeover by Nova Vacation’s team of expert professionals and takes less than two months: initial consultations (one week), design development (two weeks), and construction development (one month). The fresh upgrade is the perfect option for hosts who are looking to upgrade their properties with the most appealing recent trends in interior design. It takes four weeks: initial consultations (one week), design development (one week), and construction development (two weeks).
Providing help with vacation rental insurance is one service missing from the portfolio of Nova Vacation Homes.
Nova Vacation Homes Price and Fees
Nova Vacation does not discuss the property management fees and price structure on the company website. It sounds like a single fee covers all services, but this is not confirmed. The company describes interior design as complimentary; however, it’s not clear if this refers to both options.
This Davenport Airbnb property manager does not publish information on required written agreements and commitment on behalf of property owners. It is not clear if hosts have to pay an onboarding fee and/or early-cancellation fee.
Nova Vacation Homes Reviews
Nova Vacation has a weak online presence with just a handful of reviews. You can find Nova Vacation Homes reviews on:
- Google: Currently 3.7/5 stars based on 94 reviews
- Business Yab: Currently 5.0/5 stars based on 6 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.25/5 stars based on 4 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 4 reviews
Positive reviews from satisfied guests talk about stunning properties, great decorations, well-maintained pools, and a professional team. Negative reviews reveal gross rentals, broken appliances, lack of pool heating, and lack of care on behalf of the customer support team.
Nova Vacation Homes cover all services expected from a full-service property manager, but since the fees are not publicized, we cannot conclude whether they offer a good value for money. Their online presence is too limited to know that this is a reliable company. It might be a good choice for investors in signature villas in select resorts near Walt Disney World.
To get started, property owners can visit the Nova Vacation Homes website or call 407-919-6682.
IPG Florida Vacation Homes Airbnb Property Management
IPG Florida is a full-service vacation rental property management company founded in 2001 by Graham Greene, with headquarters in Davenport, FL. IPG Florida operates through 16 local property management companies, forming the IPG Florida Vacation Home Network. There are further opportunities for franchising more property managers. This makes their business model different from the other top Davenport Airbnb management companies which have their own teams or hire vendors.
IPG Florida provides many of the services expected from a good property manager. The company website does not talk about their fees and charges. IPG Florida has hundreds of online reviews, which are average to good.
IPG Florida Vacation Homes Services
IPG Florida covers most services typical for full-service property managers. Currently, they manage 650+ vacation rentals in Central Florida and the Gulf Coast, including 107 in Davenport, FL. This makes them a local company which operates through franchises.
IPG Florida provides the following services:
- Rental listing
- Listing distribution and marketing
- Payment of monthly utility bills and community fees
- Pool maintenance
- Yard and garden maintenance
- Mailbox checks and mail forwarding
- Routine checks of air conditioning, heating, bulbs, electrical appliances, etc.
- Regular property inspection of doors, windows, security, etc.
- Termite protection and regular pest control
While these services cover most of the day-to-day tasks of owning a rental business, it’s not clear if IPG Florida offers help in getting properties ready for listing. Furnishing a vacation rental and getting the short-term rental licenses and permits can take months when done by the property owner and not a professional. Meanwhile, both are an absolute must for optimizing the performance of your investment property and staying on the legal side of things.
Hosts also need to figure out the best property insurance on their own as IPG Florida does not mention this service.
IPG Florida Vacation Homes Price and Fees
The IPG Florida website mentions nothing about the property management fees and charges, whether there is a single universal fee or it varies by property type and size.
It is not clear if property owners need to sign a written agreement and how easy or difficult it is to get out of working with IPG Florida. It’s crucial to get answers to all these questions before deciding to hire this Airbnb property manager.
IPG Florida Vacation Homes Reviews
IPG Florida has a good online presence, explained by the long history of the company. You can find IPG Florida reviews on:
- Birdeye: Currently 4.7/5 stars based on 495 reviews including 463 Google reviews
- Google: Currently 3.6/5 stars based on 473 reviews
- Facebook: Currently 3.0/5 stars based on 157 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.53/5 stars based on 15 reviews
Happy guests praise the beautiful, spacious properties, the nice surroundings, and the responsiveness and professionalism of the support staff. Unhappy guests complain about dirty properties, insects, and the inability of the local property management team to handle issues in a timely manner. A few property owners also warn investors to stay away from IPG Florida as they mismanage short-term rentals, lose keys, and do not transfer owner payouts.
IPG Florida seems to cover most services expected from an Airbnb management company, but rentals probably need to be already furnished and with required licenses and permits. This could be a worthwhile choice for investors who’d like to work with a locally owned property manager.
To get started, property owners can visit the IPG Florida Vacation Homes website or call 863-547-1050.
Evolve Airbnb Property Management
Evolve is a half-service vacation rental management company which was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry, with headquarters in Denver, CO. The company mission is to help vacation rental owners earn more and stress less.
Services provided by Evolve focus on listing, marketing, booking calendars, and supporting guests. This is in line with the expectations from a half-service provider. Evolve charges a universal fee of 10% of monthly revenue. Online reviews are average.
Evolve offers a limited range of services compared to full-service Davenport Airbnb management companies. Currently, they manage 24,000+ short-term rentals in 750 markets in the US and Mexico, including ### vacation rentals in Davenport, Florida.
Evolve offers the following services:
- Optimized listings
- Listing distribution and marketing
- Dynamic pricing
- Guest communication and support
- Rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage and $3,000 per booking in property damage)
To quality, vacation rentals have to be guest-ready as Evolve does not help with this. The company does not provide services related to cleaning, laundry, restocking, maintenance, and repairs either.
Evolve offers to connect property owners with local vendors for services like:
- Interior design and decor
- Setting up a smart home
- Cleaning and restocking
- Property maintenance and repairs
Property owners can decide whether to handle the missing services by themselves or coordinate the work of vendors suggested by Evolve.
Evolve Price and Fees
Evolve charges a universal Airbnb property management fee across all markets and property sizes, equivalent to 10% of monthly revenue. This covers the services provided by the company, while services provided by vendors are paid separately. The corresponding fees are not clear.
Evolve asks hosts to sign a written contract. According to the property management agreement, owners get the insurance, property maintenance, upkeep, repairs, and ensuring compliance with local short-term rental laws including getting licenses and permits and paying taxes. Evolve helps with the collection and remittance of transient occupancy taxes. There is no long-term commitment, and hosts can cancel at any point, with a 15-day notice.
Evolve is well-presented online, with a few thousand reviews by property owners and guests, showing a mix of positive and negative experiences. You can find Evolve reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 3.3/5 stars based on 3,560 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 2.77/5 stars based on 442 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 60 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.5/5 stars based on 53 reviews
Happy Evolve guests highlight the easy booking process, perfect matches between listings and properties, excellent locations, and the great support team. Unhappy guests complain about double bookings, discrepancies between online listings and actual rentals, filthy and unhealthy properties, lack of refunds under extreme circumstances, and poor customer support.
Similarly, Evolve reviews by hosts comprise a mix of extremely positive and extremely negative experiences. Some are very satisfied with the services provided by Evolve, while others complain about inefficient marketing, unexpected charges, and lack of team support.
To conclude, Evolve is the top Davenport, FL Airbnb management company for investors who would like to be directly involved in the management of their short-term rentals but need some extra help. This is not a good option if you seek passive income.
To get started, property owners can visit the Evolve website or call 877-818-1014.
How we evaluated the top Davenport, Florida Airbnb management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in Davenport, FL include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in Davenport, FL.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in Davenport, FL: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in Davenport, FL, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best Davenport, FL Airbnb management company. It provides truly full-service property management at the lowest fee for comprehensive services, at 15% of revenue. If you’d like to take part in the management of your short-term rental, it’s worth checking out Evolve, a half-service Airbnb property manager, as well as Oba Vacation Homes, a customizable service provider. When investing in signature villas in select resorts in Davenport, Nova Vacation Homes could be the best option for your needs.
Awning is the top Davenport property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.