Many people consider coffee to be an integral part of their mornings. That’s why most hotel rooms include in-room coffeemakers or at least coffee services. Your vacation rental shouldn’t be an exception: the key to getting top ratings is in the finer details, of which coffee is a part of.
Including a good coffee maker—and coffee beans or pods—in your rental is always a nice touch, while having a bad one (or even no coffee maker) will irritate guests to no end. Start your guests’ mornings off on the right foot and include a coffee machine for a great cup of joe.
The best Airbnb coffee makers include:
- Keurig K-Supreme: Best Overall Coffee Maker
- BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker: Best Cheap Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker: Best for Durability
- Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker: Best Space Efficient Coffee Maker
- Nespresso Vertuo by Breville: Best Luxury Coffee Maker
- Ninja Hot & Cold Brewing System: Best High-Tech Coffee Maker
How We Selected The Best Airbnb Coffee Maker
The best coffee makers for your vacation rental should foremost produce a great cup of coffee. To make sure we picked the best, we reached out to known Airbnb hosts and online users to get their recommendations. Aside from making great coffee, it should also be simple for your guests to use, relatively affordable, and durable.
Here’s how we evaluated the best coffee makers for your rental:
- Host Recommendations: We talked to top Airbnb hosts and noted the machines they used in their rentals.
- Online Reviews: We also looked for online reviews and checked out the pros and cons of each machine.
- Coffee Quality: Our top priority was picking a machine that can produce a great cup of coffee. We looked at the coffeemaker’s settings and considered any customizability options available.
- Build Quality: Since your Airbnb will hopefully see a lot of guests, one top consideration was the build quality of the machine. These machines are all durable and can withstand constant use.
- Price: With the number of coffee makers out in the market, you shouldn’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get a good one. We considered price when determining the coffee makers to include in our list.
- Ease of Use: Guests hate having to fiddle around with various appliances, especially when they want a relaxing vacation. These coffee makers are all easy to use, despite their numerous features.
According to our criteria the best coffee maker for Airbnb hosts is the Keurig K-Supreme. It’s extremely simple to use, comes with a large water reservoir, and has a bunch of settings so your guests can get the perfect cup every time.
1. Keurig K-Supreme: Best Overall Coffee Maker
The Keurig K-Supreme debuted in 2002, but it’s still our top coffee maker pick for any vacation rental.
It’s still available for $159.99 on Amazon, but hurry. The Keurig website discontinued this model—instead, they’re selling the K-Supreme Smart that connects to phones via Wi-Fi and an app. Great for home use, but not so useful for your guests.
This coffee maker easily makes some great coffee: choose from different strengths and sizes, and get your coffee in minutes. This coffee maker accommodates mugs up to 7-inches tall.
It has a 66 oz water reservoir so you can brew multiple cups without refilling. The best part is, it can brew cups back-to-back without having to reheat—great for multiple guests. This coffee maker also has very simple buttons, making it easy for anyone to brew a cup.
Since it’s a pretty old coffee maker, don’t expect any bells and whistles. It doesn’t have any cold features, so you’ll need to cool the coffee and add ice to make iced coffee. It also doesn’t brew more than one cup at a time.
“It's user friendly, and most are familiar with using K-cup machines.” - Teri Gault, Airbnb superhost
2. Black+Decker 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker: Most Affordable Machine
This coffee maker comes in two options: one with a glass carafe and one with a stainless steel carafe. We’re partial to the stainless steel version—this makes it less prone to breakage, perfect for Airbnb hosts.
Because of its price, it doesn’t come with many additional features (like a built-in grinder). You’ll need to provide your guests with ground coffee and filters, which they’ll have to measure out.
One nifty feature of this coffee maker is its programmable settings. Guests can fill up the machine at night and set a time in the morning to brew. This also has an auto shutoff function, which prevents overheating.
3. Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker: Best Durable Coffee Maker
The Cuisinart 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is a heavy-duty coffee maker first seen in 2019. It’s available for $99.99 on Amazon.
It’s extremely durable, especially if you opt for the stainless steel carafe. Its buttons are on the front panel (instead of the bottom), which makes it spill-resistant and easier to use. It also includes a reusable and durable filter.
Like the Black+Decker coffee maker, this doesn’t have a built-in grinder. You’ll need to provide ground coffee, which can be messy to use and clean.
This coffee maker is programmable for up to 24-hours. All your guests have to do is set a time, and coffee will brew automatically. The coffee stays hot as well, and the machine automatically shuts off after a few hours.
4. Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker: Best for Small Spaces
This measures just 4.5"D x 11.3"W x 12.1"H—perfect for small countertops. It also comes in six different colors so you can match it to your kitchen.
It fits K-cups or any cups of the same size, which makes providing coffee for your guests easy. Brewing coffee with pods is also much less messy than using ground coffee.
Because it’s so small, it also comes with a small reservoir that can only hold enough water for one cup. This can be inconvenient, especially for couples staying in your Airbnb.
Take note this machine doesn’t have dishwasher-friendly parts. This machine doesn’t come with a descaling indicator as well (unlike other Keurig machines), which means you’ll have to remember to do it every so often.
“There is no mess with spilled grounds or the inconvenience of having to make a pot.” - Teri Gault, Airbnb superhost
5. Nespresso Vertuo by Breville: Best Luxury Coffee Maker
The Vertuo line was first released in 2014 and appealed to those who wanted larger coffee drinks (aside from espressos). This Nespresso Vertuo by Breville is one of their most popular models.
At $259.95 on Amazon, this is not the cheapest coffee maker around. Still, it produces an amazing cup of coffee, or shot of espresso, for a fraction of the price of a professional espresso maker. Check out the Nespresso website for more information.
This maker can brew four different cup sizes at the touch of a button (espresso, double espresso, long, and a regular coffee).
The resulting coffee is barista-grade; the quality of the coffee is exceptional, and each cup comes with a smooth and creamy milk froth at the top. This is the coffee maker to get if you want a luxurious start to your guests’ mornings.
However, it only uses dedicated Vertuo cups, which are more expensive than regular Nespresso cups.
6. Ninja Hot & Cold Brewing System: Our Pick for Coolest Features
This coffee maker brews both coffee and tea (loose leaf varieties). It even has separate baskets for each to keep flavors separate. It can brew at lower temperatures for cold brew or iced beverages.
With the amount of features this coffee maker has, your guests can have a variety of beverage options. Choose between coffee or tea, and five different styles (classic, rich, over ice, cold brew, and specialty). It makes six different sizes, from a cup to a full carafe, and comes with a built-in hot and cold frother that makes the creamiest foam.
However, the build quality isn’t the greatest. It’s lightweight, and users report it leaking after a few years of use. This also doesn’t work with pods, making it much messier than our Keurig and Nespresso options.
Your guests will appreciate any of these six coffee makers: all will give them the perfect start to their day. However, if we had to pick just one, the Keurig K-Supreme can’t be beat. It makes a delicious cup of coffee easily and quickly, and though it doesn’t have advanced features, it’s extremely reliable and affordable—two great qualities you need for an appliance in your vacation rental.