St. Augustine is a popular tourist destination and a great place to invest in short-term rentals in Florida. The sandy tranquil beaches, the rich history, the Spanish colonial architecture, and the mild climate bring tourists year-round. Over 2 million visitors come to St. Augustine each year. The blooming tourism activities ensure above-average Airbnb daily rates, occupancy rates, rental income, and return on investment for owners of vacation rentals in St. Augustine, FL.
Awning is the top St. Augustine property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.
Top St. Augustine, Florida Airbnb Management Companies
The best Airbnb management companies in St. Augustine, FL include:
- Awning: Best Overall St. Augustine Airbnb Manager
- Vacasa Florida: Best for Furnished Vacation Rentals
- VTrips: Best Big-Scale Airbnb Manager
- The Proper Group Vacation Rentals: Best for Boutique Vacation Rentals
- Evolve: Best for Involved Airbnb Hosts
- Suncastle Properties: Best Full-Service Property Manager for Mixed Portfolios
- Coastal Realty: Best for Mixed Condo Portfolios
- Vacation Rentals Beach Properties: Best for Ocean View Short-Term Rentals
- International Golf Realty: Best for Condos and Golf Course Communities
- Sunshine Realty: Best for Mixed Portfolios
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in St. Augustine, FL. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone, through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service Airbnb management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee starting at 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service Airbnb property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. Currently, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals and covers the entire US market and the vast majority of property types. Awning achieves nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning services cover everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model combining top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- Communicating with and supporting guests 24/7, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides. The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose depending on their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000). As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service St. Augustine, FL Airbnb management companies, starting at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
One-year contracts are available and lead to lower monthly property management fees.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find Awning reviews on:
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars by guests.
Positive guest reviews focus on the amazing locations and properties, the excellently maintained and stocked rentals, and the friendly, available, and competent support staff.
In sum, Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in St. Augustine, Florida, covering all services and managing all property types, at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy truly passive income, while the performance of their rental is being optimized by a combination of the latest technology and the human touch of a local team of professionals.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning, investors should schedule a call to discuss their property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple, and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Vacasa Florida Airbnb Property Management
Vacasa is the largest full-service short-term rental property management company in North America, founded in 2009 by Eric Breon and Cliff Johnson, with headquarters in Portland, OR. The company mission is to provide the best vacation home experience for everyone - both hosts and guests - everywhere.
Vacasa provides most services expected from an Airbnb management company. They promise to boost rental income by 20%, on average. The company does not state its fees on its website, but customer reviews reveal a range of 25%-35% of revenue plus additional charges. Abundant online reviews of Vacasa are generally good.
Vacasa Florida Services
As a full-service Airbnb property manager, Vacasa covers most services required to run a vacation rental business. At the moment, Vacasa manages 35,000+ short-term rentals in 35 US states and outside the US, including 81 properties in St. Augustine, Florida.
The core Vacasa services covered by the monthly fee include:
- Getting properties ready for renting
- Help with short-term rental licenses and permits
- Installing smart home technology devices
- Creating listings
- Managing, distributing, and marketing listings
- Cleaning and restocking between stays
- Property inspections and maintenance
- Dynamic pricing and revenue management
- Guest communication and support
- Tax support
- Hot tub management and maintenance
For an additional fee, hosts can also get access to:
- Interior design (guided or curated)
- Linen program (initial supply and replacements)
- Vacation rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage, $1 million in damage coverage, and $15,000 in bed bug coverage)
One service that is missing from Vacasa’s portfolio is furnishing, which can take 12-16 weeks when not guided by a professional.
Vacasa Florida Price and Fees
Vacasa does not publish its property management fees on the company website. The website states fees vary between markets and property types, so owners need to contact the team to get a quote.
Meanwhile, Vacasa reviews by property owners show that the rate ranges between 25% and 35% of rental revenue, comparable to the industry average, but owners also report unexpected charges. Interior design ($99-$1,199), linen program (not reported), and property insurance ($7-$9 per booking) are charged separately.
Hiring Vacasa entails signing a written agreement but does not require long-term commitment. Hosts can cancel with a 90-day notice, having to honor all reservations within the 90-day period.
Vacasa Florida Reviews
Vacasa has a solid online presence with thousands of reviews by property owners and guests. You can find Vacasa reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 9,334 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 4.1/5 stars based on 2,637 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 1,392 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 700 reviews
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent, well-equipped, well-stocked, well-maintained properties, amazing locations, and helpful customer support team. Negative guest reviews highlight misleading listings, properties in poor state, last-minute cancellations, and lack of communication on behalf of the team.
Vacasa property owners’ experiences are also mixed. Some report good value for money, while others complain about destroyed properties, poor communication, and difficulties when trying to get out of a contract.
As the biggest short-term rental property manager on the continent, Vacasa can be a good option for Airbnb investors in St. Augustine, FL whose properties are already furnished as the company does not provide this service.
To get started, property owners can visit the Vacasa website or call 866-308-1004.
VTrips Airbnb Property Management
VTrips is a full-service short-term rental property management company operating in ten US states. Steve Milo founded the company in 2002, with headquarters in Ponte Vedra, FL. The company mission is to be the premier property management company providing owners with personalized services tailored to their needs.
VTrips covers most services expected from a full-service Airbnb manager. There is no mention of the property management fees on the company website. The hundred online reviews of VTrips show average experiences.
VTrips is a national full-service vacation rental management company. Currently, the company manages 7,000+ short-term rentals in resort communities in ten US states, including 64 properties in St. Augustine, Florida.
The services that VTrips offers include:
- SEO and organic marketing
- Targeted social media, email, and direct marketing
- Maximizing rental revenue through a proactive approach and dynamic pricing
- Professional linen program
- Expert property managers, housekeepers, maintenance technicians, and other professionals
- Revenue collection and remittance to property owners
- Access to property owner dashboard
- Monthly reporting
Some services that are not mentioned on the VTrips website are interior design and furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, tax collection and remittance, and vacation rental insurance.
VTrips Price and Fees
VTrips does not publicize its property management fees on its website. There is no information whether a written contract and long-term commitment are expected on behalf of property owners.
VTrips has a solid online presence, partially explained through its wider geographical coverage than local St. Augustine Airbnb management companies. You can find VTrips reviews on:
- Birdeye: Currently 3.7/5 stars based on 389 reviews including 384 Google reviews
- Google: Currently 3.7/5 stars based on 384 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.22/5 stars based on 104 reviews
- Facebook: Currently 2.9/5 stars based on 91 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.5/5 stars based on 35 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.16/5 stars based on 5 reviews
- TrustPilot: Currently 3.2/5 stars based on 3 reviews
Happy guests praise the strategic locations, the wonderful properties, the excellently equipped spaces, the cleanliness, and the professional team. Unhappy guests complain about poorly maintained homes, insects, and frequent last-minute cancellations.
VTrips seems to cover the Airbnb property management services needed to provide investors with passive rental income. Because of the lack of sufficient information, it’s not possible to conclude if they offer a good value for money in the St. Augustine vacation rental market. VTrips could be a good choice for owners who’d like to work with a large Airbnb manager and benefit from national coverage and supervision.
To get started, property owners can visit the VTrips website or call 844-334-4588.
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals Airbnb Property Management
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals (TPG Vacation Rentals) is a full-service Airbnb management company operating in Florida and Colorado, focusing on a boutique collection of luxury vacation rentals. Nicholas Kiraly founded the company in 2016, with headquarters in St. Augustine, FL. The company mission is to create new industry standards by setting itself apart from the competition, offering luxury services to guests and unmatched rental programs to owners.
TPG Vacation Rentals offers many of the services typical for a full-service provider. They do not disclose the property management fees. There are less than 100 online reviews of TPG Vacation Rentals, revealing mixed experiences.
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals Services
TPG Vacation Rentals is a full-service property manager. Currently, the company manages 48 short-term rentals in St. Augustine, FL.
TPG Vacation Rentals provide the following services:
- Getting short-term rental permits
- Design consultations
- Unique online listings including photography, virtual tours, and aerial photography
- Strategic advertising
- Rate optimization technology
- Review management
- 24/7 online and phone guest reservations and support
- Guest screening and fraud protection
- Cleaning and laundry between stays
- Initial and biannual deep cleans
- Light bulb replacement
- Internet and cable troubleshooting
- Smoke detector, CO detector, and fire extinguisher inspection
- Propane refills (at owner’s expense)
- BBQ cleaning and upkeep
- Entryway, sidewalk, patio, and deck sweeping
- Installation of keyless lock and routine battery changes
- Site visits
- Comprehensive initial and quarterly property inspections
- Property inspections and diagnostic checks
- Arrangement for repairs (at owner’s expense)
The only services not explicitly mentioned by The Proper Group Vacation Rentals are furnishing and tax collection and remittance.
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals Price and Fees
TPG Vacation Rentals website does not show the property management fees and costs. There’s no mention whether property owners need to sign a written agreement and/or commit in the long term.
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals Reviews
TPG Vacation Rentals has a weak online presence with less than 100 reviews. You can find TPG Vacation Rentals reviews on:
- Birdeye: Currently 4.4/5 stars based on 32 reviews including 25 Google reviews
- Google: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 30 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.0/5 stars based on 4 reviews
Satisfied guests highlight the easy booking process, the beautiful and spacious houses, the great locations, and the available and friendly team. Meanwhile, dissatisfied guests discuss broken amenities, unhelpful staff, and last-minute cancellations.
The Proper Group Vacation Rentals can provide property owners with passive income through the wide range of services that the company covers. However, it’s not clear if they offer a good value for money as the pricing structure is not publicly available. TPG Vacation Rentals could be a good choice for investors interested in boutique, luxury short-term rentals.
To get started, property owners can visit The Proper Group Vacation Rentals website or call 904-814-5127.
Evolve Airbnb Property Management
Evolve is a half-service vacation rental management company which was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry, with headquarters in Denver, CO. The company mission is to help vacation rental owners earn more and stress less.
Services provided by Evolve focus on listing, marketing, booking calendars, and supporting guests. This is in line with the expectations from a half-service provider. Evolve charges a universal fee of 10% of monthly revenue. Online reviews are numerous, showing average experiences.
Evolve offers a limited range of services compared to full-service St. Augustine, FL Airbnb management companies. Currently, they manage 24,000+ short-term rentals in 750 markets in the US and Mexico, including 44 vacation rentals in St. Augustine, Florida.
Evolve offers the following services:
- Optimized listings
- Listing distribution and marketing
- Dynamic pricing
- Guest communication and support
- Rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage and $3,000 per booking in property damage)
To quality, vacation rentals have to be guest-ready as Evolve does not help with this. The company does not provide services related to cleaning, laundry, restocking, maintenance, and repairs either.
Evolve offers to connect property owners with local vendors for services like:
- Interior design and decor
- Setting up a smart home
- Cleaning and restocking
- Property maintenance and repairs
Property owners can decide whether to handle these services on their own or coordinate the work of vendors recommended by Evolve.
Evolve Price and Fees
Evolve charges a universal Airbnb property management fee across all markets and property sizes, equivalent to 10% of monthly revenue. This covers the services provided by the company, while services provided by vendors are paid separately. The corresponding fees are not clear.
Evolve asks hosts to sign a written contract. According to the property management agreement, owners need to handle home insurance, property maintenance, upkeep, repairs, and compliance with local short-term rental laws including getting licenses and permits and paying taxes. Evolve helps with the collection and remittance of transient occupancy taxes. There is no long-term commitment, and hosts can cancel at any point, with a 15-day notice.
Evolve has a strong online presence with a few thousand reviews by property owners and guests, showing a mix of positive and negative experiences. You can find Evolve reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 3.2/5 stars based on 3,577 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 2.76/5 stars based on 453 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 3.5/5 stars based on 60 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.33/5 stars based on 58 reviews
Happy Evolve guests highlight the easy booking process, the precise matches between listings and properties, the excellent locations, and the great support team. Unhappy guests complain about double bookings, discrepancies between online listings and actual rentals, filthy and unhealthy properties, lack of refunds under extreme circumstances, and poor customer support.
Similarly, Evolve reviews by hosts comprise a mix of very positive and very negative experiences. Some are satisfied with the services they’ve received from Evolve, while others complain about inefficient marketing, unexpected charges, and lack of team support.
To conclude, Evolve is a St. Augustine, FL Airbnb management company for investors who would like to be directly involved in the management of their short-term rentals but need some extra help through technology. This is not a good option for those seeking passive real estate income.
To get started, property owners can visit the Evolve website or call 877-818-1014.
Suncastle Properties Airbnb Property Management
Suncastle Properties (formerly SunCoast Beach Vacations) is a local full-service rental property management company working with both short-term and long-term rentals. Matt and Mark Odekirk have owned the company since 2017. The company mission is to bring exceptional hospitality and personal service to property owners and guests.
Suncastle Properties covers most services required to achieve passive income from vacation rental investing. The company website does not specify the property management fee structure. There are a few dozen online reviews of Suncastle Properties that show an average ranking.
Suncastle Properties Services
Suncastle Properties is a full-service local property manager operating in Jacksonville, The Beaches, and St. Augustine, Florida. Currently, the company manages 24 vacation rentals in St. Augustine, FL.
Suncastle Properties covers the following rental property management services:
- Monitoring and maintaining property’s legal compliance including licenses and permits
- Expertly crafted listings
- Help with vacation rental insurance
- Listing distribution and marketing
- Pricing strategy to maximize revenue
- 24/7 guest communication and support
- Regular property inspections
- Overviewing property maintenance and repairs implemented through local vendors
- Help with taxes
Suncastle Properties do not specify if they offer services related to interior design and furnishing for short-term rental property owners who are just getting started.
Suncastle Properties Price and Fees
The Suncastle Properties fees are not available on the company website. Property owners are expected to sign a contract, but it’s not clear if long-term commitment is required and how easy or not it is to get out of working with this Airbnb property manager.
Suncastle Properties Reviews
Suncastle Properties has a weak online presence with just a few dozen reviews. You can find Suncastle Properties reviews on:
- Birdeye: Currently 4.3/5 stars based on 62 reviews including 54 Google reviews
- Google: Currently 4.3/5 stars based on 46 reviews
- Facebook: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 12 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 9 reviews
Positive reviews by guests focus on the beautiful properties, the perfect matches between listings and actual rentals, refunds under extreme circumstances, and the helpful team. Negative reviews complain about dirty homes, deceitful listings, and lack of customer support.
Suncastle Properties seems to be a true full-service property manager in the St. Augustine vacation rental market. Because of the lack of pricing information, though, we cannot conclude if they offer a good value for money though. This is a good option for owners investing in both short-term and long-term rentals in Florida.
To get started, property owners can visit the Suncastle Properties website or call 904-664-4354.
More St. Augustine, Florida Airbnb Management Companies
Some other popular short-term rental property management companies in the St. Augustine market that might be worth the attention of real estate investors are:
- Coastal Realty Vacation Rentals: Coastal Realty Vacation Rentals is a local property manager that works with both vacation rentals and long-term rentals, focusing on condos. There is no online information on the exact property management services that the company provides or the fees that it charges. So, we cannot conclude if this is a full-service or half-service Airbnb manager. Coastal Realty Vacation Rentals manages 260 short-term rentals in St. Augustine, FL.
- Vacation Rentals Beach Properties: Vacation Rentals Beach Properties is a local short-term rental property management company which specializes in ocean view properties. While the company does not provide a comprehensive list of the services it covers, it places a lot of attention on marketing. It’s not clear if this is a full-service or half-service property manager. Vacation Rentals Beach Properties manages 120 Airbnb rentals in the St. Augustine market.
- International Golf Realty: International Golf Realty is a local award-winning, premiere Airbnb property management company that specializes in managing condos and golf course communities. They claim to be a full-service provider but do not list the services they cover. International Golf Realty manages 74 vacation rental properties in St. Augustine, Florida.
- Sunshine Realty: Sunshine Realty is a local property manager operating both short-term and long-term rentals. The company provides services related to online marketing and partner marketing, check-ins and check-outs, 24/7 customer support, cleaning, property maintenance, and property housekeeping. Sunshine Realty manages 23 vacation rentals in St. Augustine, FL.
How we evaluated the best St. Augustine, Florida vacation rental management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in St. Augustine, FL include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in St. Augustine, FL.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in St. Augustine, FL: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in St. Augustine, FL, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best St. Augustine, Florida Airbnb management company. It provides truly full-service property management at the lowest fee for comprehensive services, at 15% of rental revenue.
Awning services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.